First, the app icons where moved online. This means that they don't need to be included on the executable, and that updates can be delivered without an upgrade. Second, a metrics class was introduced, so I can know how users are using Mundus, and what should I improve. The information it uploads is completely anonymous, and can't be used in any way to identify an user. It is optional, and turned off by default. In this release it is only executed at start-up once, so i can test it's functionality.
As "not so important features", a start-up form, only shown when after an upgrade, now replaces all the warnings that where previously shown when Mundus was Executed. It also allows the user to set some basic settings to start using Mundus. First, it allows the user to clear the cache or rebuild it (i.e. fetch all icons at once) and to enable or disable Software Metrics. Also, Mundus can now detect if an app is running, and stop the cleaning process to avoid damage or unsafe behavior
The full changelog:
- Added 5 modules
- Don't clean if the app is running
- Fetch app icons from the internet instead of including them in the executable
- Allow the user to delete external modules
- Added a metrics module to collect some anonymous data (more info on the docs)
- A start-up form replaced some warning messages and allows the user to change important settings when running new versions (shown only when a new version is run)
- Fixed a bug causing backups with wrong file names
- Implemented the save as function on the backups form.